T12 Listen to the tape and complete the following sentences with the following words or phrases

Download 15,01 Kb.
Sana20.03.2022
Hajmi15,01 Kb.
Bog'liq
Act. 7-амалий. (1)

Activity 1. (T12) Listen to the tape and complete the following sentences with the following words or phrases: provided; disclose; contentious; youth perspectives; decrease charges; substituted.
A future scientist Akbar was invited to the radio programme named a) youth perspectives to talk about his future plans, targets, and ambitions in science. Akbar has always dreamed of working at the scientific laboratories which are b) provided with modern technological equipment. The programme guest is claiming that he is working at the invention with the help of which people working at some spheres may have a chance to c) decrease charges . Although the host of the programme asked about details of the invention which should probably be alternative to petroleum Akbar did not d) disclose the items of it. Akbar has a number of dreams one of which is to meet with famous world scholars and discuss e ) contentious questions. As the programme guest claims very soon traditional oil productions will be f ) substituted by other means.
Activity 2. Try to remember how the following words or phrases were used in the tape.
a)a huge laboratory, b) world science conferences ,c) to get awarded with, d) replace typical oil productions, e) sun energy.

1. a huge laboratory

2. world science conferences

3. to get awarded with

4. sun energy

5. replace typical oil productions

Activity 3. answer the following questions.

1. Why did Akbar decide to be a scientist? What made him be a scholar?

2. What inventions is Akbar working at now and how useful they can be for society? What are benefits of them?

3. When can Akbar announce useful sides of his invention? Why didn’t he do it in the programme?

4. What are other alternative ways of petroleum being worked out by scientists nowadays?

5. What are future personal ambitions of Akbar in science? What does he want to achieve in his life?

1. - From my childhood I dreamed of being a popular scholar. I wanted to have a huge laboratory equipped with latest technological equipment and computers, to have assistants supporting me in my inventions. Partly my dreams have come true up to now. I can do any experiment connected with my inventions in the laboratories of our Institute. But I do not have assistants now! I am an assistant myself to our teacher!

2. I am working at the new type of chemical liquid with the help of which people working in some specialties may reduce their expenses at several percent. But now I cannot reveal secrets of my invention describing it in details. But if this invention is scientifically proved and experimented successfully it can help science, to be more exact, chemistry.
3. Sure, I have a lot of plans in future for developing my career. The greatest goal of mine is to participate in world science conferences, to get introduced with popular scholars in my field, to meet them in the flesh, to talk about scientific achievements, developments, innovations; discuss controversial issues with them finding solutions to them. Besides, I would like to give a speech in world science conferences about my innovation as well. I own several foreign languages: English, French, Russian, I do not see any problem to take part in such conferences now.
4. A number of scientific innovations are being worked out in this matter nowadays. Sun energy, the use of gravity issue, electricity, some chemicals are also being tested to replace typical oil productions for automobiles. We are also working out some alternative to it. May be in the near future we can present them to public. I am sure that after about a century cars will not run by oil productions but other chemicals will replace them.
5. I have a lot of plans in future for developing my career. The greatest goal of mine is to participatein world science conferences, to get introduced with popular scholars in my field, to meet them in the flesh, to talk about scientific achievements, developments, innovations; discuss controversial issues with them finding solutions to them
Download 15,01 Kb.

Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:

Ma'lumotlar bazasi mualliflik huquqi bilan himoyalangan ©www.hozir.org 2024
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling

kiriting | ro'yxatdan o'tish
    Bosh sahifa
юртда тантана
Боғда битган
Бугун юртда
Эшитганлар жилманглар
Эшитмадим деманглар
битган бодомлар